The advertisement is one of the most used marketing ways of communication; it is used with one purpose - to make the people to like and use certain brand of goods or services. It uses many methods to influent particularly chosen audience to feel related with the advertised product and to buy and use it.
In most of the cases it is commercial advertisement, with only one idea - to increase the consumption of the products or services of particular company; in order to help for gaining more profit. They create advertising campaigns which are based on proven and new techniques; and use the media to connect with the audience. Based on all these there 2 main types of advertisement - traditional and modern; and they are also divided on:
- Print advertisement - on of the oldest types, highly successful even, now - in the digital era; all the advertisements printed on paper are considered print advertisement - the newspapers, the magazines, flyers and booklets are among the most used sources for advertisement space;
- Billboard advertisement - part of the outdoor advertisement, using the billboards, kiosks, events and trade shows are the used methods; it is used for quick catching of the attention, but for short time; the kiosks are little hard for making the ads but are in fact very successful ad tools;
- The radio and television advertisement - the radio is one of the oldest advertising tools; it was the center of many homes long time before the invention of the TV. The prime time of the radio can be bought as advertising space and provides extremely large audience. The TV advertising was a gold mine for the advertising business for more than 50 years; it still reaches the largest targeted audience; and the mains the most viewed advertising space;
- Online advertising - it is the latest way; the internet changed the entire advertising - it consist of couple of branches - TV, radio and internet. It offers the largest audience in the entire advertising history; but the way to reach al is still unknown;
- Covert advertising - this is the movies advertising - every shoe or car, or house; anything in the movies is part of the advertising industry. It is the implementing of particular brand in some kind of entertainment - movie, TV show; in order be seen of many people and to make them like it;
- Indirect advertising - it is the cigarette advertising for example - the product is sold freely, but its advertising is banned by the law - it uses surrogate advertising. The company have other products with the same name and used them as reminders of cigarette brand they own(e.g.);
- There are many more - the advertising for public services; the coffee-cup ads; celebrity ads; digital media ads out of home; and the in-store advertisement.
The mobile devices advertising is the developing type of that business; it offers entirely new way of connecting with the audience - through their hands - and maybe in their heads in the close future.